Monday, May 2, 2011

BFF's

Rach and I have been friends for 9 years, and I couldn't imagine my life without her. Of course like all relationships we have had our ups and downs, but no matter what I know I can count on her to be there. We have laughed, cried, yelled, cried, and laughed some more together. I know one thing is for sure, Brian was ecstatic the day I got off the family cell phone plan, and most of that joy came from knowing he wouldn't have to pay extra for my out of network calls to Rach.

This past weekend we decided to take a girls trip up to the Dells. We took the "long" way to get there, but we made it! The Tanger Outlet Mall was our first stop. I bought a new cover up dress for the water park, sunglasses, Silver jeans, and of course because I don't have enough already - another swim suit! :) Once it hit 4 o'clock our wallets were ready for us to be done so we headed over to Mt. Olympus to check in. Oh how I love themed rooms. :)
We got settled by watching a little bit of the Royal Wedding madness that we both welcomed with open arms. Rach got made fun of at work for taping the wedding, and she felt so much better when I told her I did the same thing! We are best friends for this reason, and many more. Then it was time to head down to the indoor waterpark.
We decided to start the experience with going down a slide. Little did we know we were on a very fast, dark slide and I have a battle wound to prove it. Neither of us were expecting it, and died laughing at the end. A few more rides and then we were ready to relax in the hot tub, or so we thought. It clearly stated NO kids under the age of 12, and what do we see when we try to find a spot to sit...more than 75% of the hot tub is taken up by little brats splashing around with their parents sitting there not saying a word. I am going to be an awful parent and not let my kids get away with being brats - I said it, let's just hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the booty! Even the lazy river was stressful with lots of kids not following the "be in a tube" rule and trying to go the opposite way of the current. Lets just say I snapped on 3 boys and didn't care... I proudly went "street" on them.

After 2 hours in the waterpark, we headed back to the room and watched some more of the Royal Wedding recaps. Yes, we are dorks and loved every minute of it. Finally, it was time to start getting ready. We both clean up pretty nicely...
We weren't really that hungry because we grabbed food at the mall, but decided to head to Damon's to have a drink and an appetizer. I received the largest long island iced tea I have ever had. We dominated some trivia as well.
We wanted to catch a little "show" that the bartenders put on at Kahunaville, but our server was a little swomped and we missed it; however, we still went and when we found out it was 80's night Rach was in HEAVEN!
We ended our night at Marley's and danced until close. Rach was thankful I wasn't shy when it came to telling creepy guys to leave us alone. Yes, I don't have a problem going "street" on people I will never see again to tell them to leave us pretty girls alone! :) Great over night trip, and we must go back in the summer (if it ever comes) to enjoy the outdoor waterpark & theme park.

No comments:

Post a Comment