This past Saturday, Brianne graduated from Elmhurst College. With the iffy weather, we definitely thought it would be held inside - WRONG!! Needless to say, we were not prepared for an almost 3 hour ceremony outside. Luckily, they had the cafe open and we could purchase some coffee/hot chocolate. Weird to think that when I was deciding where I wanted to go to college it came down to U of I and Elmhurst. I am very happy with my decision to do the big university, but happy that Brianne got to experience Elmhurst and therefore so did I a little.
As the graduates started making their way to their seats, it took mom, dad, and myself about 5 blondes to finally pick Beanbag out of the crowd. Most of my pictures have her in it, but could be a fun game of "Where's Brianne?" if I do say so myself.
Half way through the list of undergrads (there were approximately 550) I went inside to warm up and grab another cup of hot chocolate. Earlier dad had jokingly told me to text Brianne to see where she was, and my response was "there is no way she has her phone with her" and about 5 minutes later I got a text from...you guessed it, Brianne asking where we were sitting. From the photo above she found us!! Anyways, back to my trip inside. Before I went back to my seat I stopped to get a closer picture of her and texted her directions of where to look...
Looking, and then -
FOUND!! Haha, making the day fun :)
Finally, it was Brianne's turn to receive her diploma. I still think it is weird that they were handed their actual diploma that day. I had to wait for about 3 weeks to get mine in the mail. Good thing they didn't get it mixed up!! Can you guess my favorite part of this picture?
If you guessed my sister, you are wrong! If you guessed the sweet fadora hat, you are wrong! But, if you guessed the Purel hand sanitizer machine at the bottom of the steps, you are CORRECT! Nobody, and I mean nobody used it, but if someone was that big of a germaphobe this would have been their dream come true :)
We did it!
Name that movie...I feel as this is a very interactive blog post and I kinda like it!
Legally Blonde for those who were curious or needed confirmation! So happy for you Brianne, aka Beanbag if you hadn't picked up on that yet. You are going to be a great nurse! <3
Yay, Brianne! Has she gotten any job leads yet? And nice work on changing up the blog =) Miss ya!
ReplyDeleteNot yet, but my friend Chelsea is a nurse at RMH and is hopeful there will be some job postings in peds & NICU so prayers something can come of that! And thanks, I still haven't tried to download new layouts so I go with whatever options blogspot offers. :) Miss you too!!
ReplyDelete