I had a great Memorial Day because it was spent outside at the lake in 90 degree weather. Finally I am beginning to feel the joys of summer actually being here. Up until then it really hadn't sunk in that it was soon going to be the best month of the year...June! My reasoing: It is my birthday month, but it also feels like the only true month of summer to me for some reason. I mean Memorial Day is traditionally the kick off, but by the time the 4th of July comes around I feel like summer is on its downhill slope.
Regardless, this past Monday was greatly appreciated. We couldn't actually go out on the boat because there were too many people at the lake. With a 10 person capacity, it just wasn't going to happen so we did the next best thing - tied the boat up to the dock, played bags, did noodle bongs & shotguns on the dock, sat in the boat while listening to music, and braved the cold waters by jumping in to either feel "refreshed" as I like to put it or go to the bathroom.
I was glad Brianne was home so she could join us as well. And perhaps it is a good thing that we couldn't go out on the lake because one of my most prominent memories includes Brianne and Elayna attempting to tube at the same time. Brianne ended up with a rope burn on her neck and almost got her head cut off while Elayna's tube flipped over top of Brianne's. Let's just say when you have two skinny minis on a tube by themselves bad things can happen! Happy to report there were no injuries on Monday. :)
I think I am doing my description of pics opposite than what I normally do, but for now it is working for me! Pat, myself, Brianne, and Danny were the bag players of the day. First Danny & I were a team, and Brianne & Pat...they won 2 out of 3; however, I sealed our victory by making all 4 bags in one round. Take that Pat!! :) Us girls decided relaxing on the boat was calling our name, and after a few minutes the boys came back asking if we would play again because the next game they played wasn't as fun as ours. We like fun and both Brianne and I are competitve so we went back, but were a team this time around. We put a little wager on the game - losers had to do a shotgun. Well, we lost, but it was very close and for that I am proud!
Successful day. After the lake we went over to Uncle Ron & Aunt Jill's to see Uncle Carl & Aunt Linda one more time before they left to go back home to Arkansas. Then Nolan, Newby, Aimee, and myself went to see The Hangover 2. We couldn't sit together cuz it was packed, but still a fun date. Not as good as the first one because it was the same concept - a little disappointed that they couldn't be more creative. All-in-all it was a great movie and definitely had me laughing out loud.
Thanks to all our Veterans!
No comments:
Post a Comment