Yesterday my church, Grace Valley Christian Reformed Church, had a blood drive. I wanted to participate because I love the fact that I am helping 3 strangers and the snacks, pens, and stickers that come with it aren't bad either. I have donated blood 3 times now. All 3 times have gone the same way. I start out great, then as time goes on I start to think let's hurry this along, and then right before I am done I start to get hot (and I mean hot) and it's all I can do not to pass out.
I survived, but only because the fast acting blood-drawer (I don't know the technical term) gave me a cold pack for my chest, neck, and forehead. After 15 minutes of laying there not moving and singing "Jesus Loves Me" in my head (it's what I do when I am scared/nervous), I start to feel normal again. Or as I told her, I am going to feel as normal as normal can be. Luckily my dad was there for moral support, a.k.a. to give me a hard time about being "green" in the face. Thanks dad!
I figure being in the process of passing out without fully passing out is worth it to save a few lives. I may take awhile off for donating blood though. Sorry to all you fellow A negatives out there if you need it! :)
haha I love that you sing Jesus Loves Me when you are scared. You're cute =)
ReplyDeleteThey're called phlebotomist.
ReplyDelete