Monday, June 20, 2011

weekend of fun

Friday night I worked at Cannova's, and it was almost weird working because the past few months I have only worked a handful of times. After work we all went upstairs for a drink, and then headed next door to Fieldstone. It was a great night to sit out on the deck and catch with Brianna.

Saturday morning dad and I had our coffee date at Higher Grounds. Mom and Grampy even joined us. Once we were done with our coffee, dad and I headed out to Park Hills to practice golfing. Dad bought a set of clubs for my mom, Brianne, and I to share in the hopes that at least one of us would like/enjoy golfing. Well, Saturday was the first time I ever hit a golf ball at full swing - I even got it in the air, but not on the first try. We started at something I am used to, putting. So I putted from all different areas of the green, then moved back to the longer grass to practice chipping. I enjoyed chipping! Then it was time to pull out the big guns and practice full swings. I did ok for the first time out I do have to say. I even got a work out because Sunday when I woke up my back was a tad sore. Great way to start off a Saturday with my dad.

Saturday afternoon was reserved for Lake Carroll. It was a great day to be on the boat even though it wasn't too sunny out. A group of 8 of us went through 4 cases of beer, which is quite impressive if you ask me. The ladies of the boat were trying to get a good picture and we finally ended with this....
We are hott, what can I say! I then of course went around and got a personal photo with everyone on the boat. Breaking news: I like pictures :) You can check out all the pics from the day on Facebook.

Tara and I have always said that if you put me and her together it would be pretty dang close to the perfect body. Our reasoning - put her boobies and my booty together and we would both be happy. Haha, we really just love each other and it's fun to comment on how nice our assets are!!
We had quite the dance party - after 5 noodle bongs each there really isn't anything else worth doing! It was kinda weird with out Curt, Newby, Dahmsy or Talby there, but we made the best of it. Plus, the lake mix had at least one song that made us think of each of the guys so it was like they were there in spirit.  
After we ran out of beer, we made our way to the lanes for more dancing and drinking and food that we all needed by that point. Classic lake day and I couldn't have had a better afternoon with AWESOME friends.

Sunday Nolan and I went to church, and I got to hear my all time favorite pastor. Dr. Malcom Cronk is a 96 year old pastor that has been preaching since he was 16. He can take one word out of a Bible verse and make it apply to life today. I am happy I was able to hear him, as we never know when will be his last sermon.

Then it was nap time because of all the fun that was had the day before. I got a good solid hour in and then we celebrated my birthday, Father's Day & Uncle Ron & Aunt Jill's Anniversary yesterday at my parents house. I am very proud of the card I found for my dad, and it was the one and only card I looked at. It said something along the lines of: You made me who I am today (outside) a giant smart ass...and very good looking. Thank your for both! (inside) And for those who know my dad, you know it's true!

The evening was spent at Nolan's to celebrate Father's Day with his family. He made steak sandwiches and a tomato & goat cheese salad (I even tried it!!) and then had a type of pasta salad. It was a great way to wind down after a nice summer weekend by relaxing on his porch with his fam. Successful weekend if I do say so myself! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment