Thursday, June 16, 2011

{The Boys of Fall}

I made it to a quarter of a century in one piece :) I even got to celebrate at Lambeau Field at a Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band, Billy Currington, and Uncle Kracker concert, which was AMAZING!! I love my country music - it is so happy and makes me feel great!

Rachel, her friends Matt & Tara, Tara's mom, and myself made the 4 hour drive up to Green Bay last Saturday, June 11, 2011 (my birthday)...as if we all didn't know that by now!
This trip to Lambeau was extra special because it was my first trip back to the land of the green & gold since I was in 6th grade. Let's just say it was longgggg overdo! Also, it seemed fitting that the concert was held at Lambeau because 2 years ago when Rach and I went to see Kenny for the first time it was at Soldier Field. Hands down the cooler stadium is Lambeau! :)
I can honestly say I would love to go to a concert every weekend. I was loving life - had my Summer Shandy in a Packer cup with my boots, skinny jeans, flannel, and cowboy hat on! I am so happy that Rach and I were able to celebrate our Gemini birthdays together with a great show.
I had only seen Kenny Chesney before, but boy did everyone else blow me away! Especially the Zac Brown Band - those guys can rock! The drummer was even in a Packer jersey! I was loving that and rubbing it in to Rach...we love each other so it's ok! This pic is my favorite "artistic" pic of the evening!
The night came to an end with Kenny Chesney, obviously! However, our night as a group ended quite funny. Tara, God love her (another great county song - google it) had to go to the bathroom. The lines were RIDICULOUS so I somewhat understand her inner struggle of what to do...well, her instinct was to make it as far as she could and pop-a-squat in the hallway, which would have been fine except she got scared after a couple of guys passed by and backed her way into what she thought was a "closet". Little did she know that the "closet" was...wait for it...the CONCESSION STAND. Rachel was busy blocking her while she popped-her-squat that she didn't even notice she moved until she turned around and Tara was MIA. She didn't get arrested, but did have to leave the concert. Luckily she only missed that last half hour and it made for a great story! Good times for sure with great people.
We love you Kenny! Again, I am so thankful and grateful for everything in my life and thanks for making my 25th Anniversary celebration one for the books. I am happy/proud to say I celebrated 25 years with Top Gun & Oprah! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment