Well, it has been awhile since I last posted, and I don't like it. I had a busy week last week at work, which was welcomed with open arms. It always feels good to have people move in and you can tell they are nervous, but by day 2 they are acting like they have lived here for years.
I hope everyone had a great St. Patrick's Day. I went out to the Pub for a little bit, and it reminded me of why I don't really enjoy going there. You see way too many people you just wish you didn't have to. However, I still managed to celebrate the holiday in style with my Irish Car Bomb. Before our celebration started though, I took some cute pictures of Sully-man sleeping and then of course awake because my flash woke him up. I know, terrible mother. :)
Friday night I worked at Cannova's in the hopes of making up some of the money I had to spend on my car the week before, and I did. It was a busy night, but worth it once I counted my tips. Saturday I had to make my way to Monroe to give a tour for a potential resident and her daughter. That went well and after I made my way home I had a very relaxing afternoon with me, the couch, Sully, and the Harry Potter marathon on ABC Family. As a side note: I used to be one of those people who never read Harry Potter & refused to watch any of the movies claiming that it was stupid. Well, a few months ago Nolan convinced me to watch all 5, and after number 1 I was hooked!
As for Saturday night, I went to dinner with Sam & Rachael at Fieldstone. It was a great time, and we kept noticing the tables around us were looking at us. I think they were jealous of our laughing, crazy stories, and connection to almost every worker that walked by. :)
After dinner, we made our way to Cannova's to meet up with everyone else. Bob & Jackie were home and it is always a treat when they are here. It was at 'nova's that I introduced them to my title. Awkward Turtle. You know those times that you just want to shout AWKWARD, but that would draw too much attention to the awkwardness, well rest easy I have a solution. You put your right palm on top of the back side of your left hand as if you were going to dive into a pool and you swirl your thumbs. What do you see? That's right, a turtle! As for the awkward part of awkward turtle, all you have to do is make that signal and you and your friend acknowledge the awkward moment without everyone knowing what you are doing. It is fun and I suggest you try it!
Sunday I went to church and was glad I did because it was communion. We then went to Grampy & Linda's for lunch to simply enjoy the fact that Grampy was home and no longer in the hospital. It was storming like crazy and I love storms although I wish it would have been warmer out. The hail could have stayed away, but it was pretty cool to see the ever so joyous signs of spring because that means summer is on its way too! The rest of the afternoon was spent watching March Madness, watching people drink, playing pool, dinner at Cannova's, breaking a stalker's heart, and more March Madness. My weekend has come to an end, and I am at work once again, but today is special because I am only working a half day. At noon I am leaving to head to Madison to hang out with Nolan's sister, Caitlin, get a new MacBook Pro, and try out Bella Vita for the first time. Sooooo ready for it to be noon.
<IIII> (this is my awkward turtle symbol)
No comments:
Post a Comment