Tuesday, March 15, 2011

New Traditions

Well, as I have said before my dad and I have our monthly coffee date as a time just to hang out the two of us and talk about life. This past Saturday, we did just that. We decided since the Saturday before Mom and Brianne joined us to have a redo just the two of us. I may be 24 almost 25 and an "adult" but I still ask my Dad for help when it comes to making big decisions. So we chatted about my student loans and if I should try to reconsolidate, and my car and if I should get a new one or put a little money into the Cobalt. The hour flew by...until next month.
As my title states, I have started new traditions and coffee with my Dad is just one of them. Another tradition we have started is going to Monroe for St. Patricks Day celebrations! A group of us randomly came to Monroe last year on this day and decided we needed to make it a point to continue to do so. Little did I know that my oldest resident's (a 100 year old Irish woman) family was the one who organizes the Annual Celtic Pub Crawl & St. Patty's Day Parade. Almost as good as the Chicago celebration! :) Knowing the people putting on such a huge party only added to my excitement for the day. It brought me back to college at U of I for UnOFicIal and drinking green beer all day while listening to Drop Kick Murphys.
It was a long day. Before we were able to join in the celebrations, I had to work at our Soup & Chili Feed. So, our party got a late start of 3pm. Not to worry I think we did a pretty good job of catching up. Our afternoon started at Baumgartner's, went to Flannigan's, over to Bartel's Tap, then to Turner Hall for a band, and ended at Friendly's with a DJ who actually played our song requests! Needless to say, I have a pretty cool group of friends. I mean, just look at them!
I hope to have many more new traditions to make my life that much more enjoyable. I am proud to say that my high school girlfriends and I have an 11 year & running tradition of an annual sleepover at my house during Christmas, and I can't wait to have more just like that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment