Friday, March 11, 2011

Play Date

Well, yesterday started off a little rocky when my car almost didn't start. Once I got it started it didn't sound normal, it was shaking, and I had a check engine light come on. Not what I wanted to see! So I drove it to Bocker where I got it 5 1/2 years ago, which is crazy to think it has been that long. They figured out that I was driving on 2 cylinders and needed to replace my ignition module. I have NO idea what that is, but it cost me $233. I told my mom that was the quickest $233 I have ever spent. She quickly reminded me that I had purchased a Coach purse before and it had to be at least that much. So, I clarified and said ok, that was the quickest $233 I have ever spent on something I didn't want to spend it on. I decided that I am going to take the Cobalt into Bocker again next week so they can do their point check system to see if I am going to need to put more money into my car. I am a little nervous because I am still on my first set of brakes, shocks, battery, etc. I really have been lucky with my little car even though I complain about it. I am going to have to outweigh putting more money into it or bumping up my new car timeline by about 8 months. I will take help figuring out what to do! :)

Car troubles behind me now, I had a great rest of my day. Went to work and then left a couple hours after being there to do some outside marketing in Freeport. I love Monroe and the area. I think it is a great little city, but something about being in Freeport makes me feel so much more at home. I don't get called a flatlander by anyone when I am in Freeport, and usually I can find a much easier way to relate to whomever I am talking to.

Last night was a low key kind of night. I got to Nolan's and let Sully out. He goes crazy when I get home. I know it's not because of me, but because he wants his food; however, I do partly take credit for his excitement. It was still pretty nice out so we took a walk around the park behind Nolan's house. It is so funny to see him react to other people, dogs, and sounds. Later Josh and Gus came over for a visit. Sully & Gus were playing from the get go. I have learned to relax and let the dogs play, but sometimes it is so hard to determine what is play and what isn't. Hence the reason I really want to observe how doggie daycare goes with him. Nolan tells me I would lose some of my cool points at Carlson's if I asked to do that. He may be right, but it is still floating around in my thoughts. I am thinking if Sully ever gets a brother or sister an English Bulldog would be a great dog. Here are Sully-man and the Gus-bus having their playdate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment