Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Getting Beach Ready

I think I am made for the beach, minus being a tuney fish as my mom would say. Why I live in northern Illinois and work in southern Wisconsin, I don't know. I enjoy the sand, hot and humidity! I may complain about what it does to my hair, but then I tell myself to stop and bask in the warmth. I am always cold. Always. So going south to the warmer states is a treat for me.

I am treating myself to 3 trips this year. First, in a few weeks I am going to St. Petersburg, FL where grandpa & grandma have their condo. Who doesn't love time traveling to the 70s?! Again, I don't complain because the stay is just the right price...FREE. Emmalee, Alicia, Natasha, Chelsea, and myself will make the flight down and have a nice girls trip. I cannot wait. I am trying to make attempts at getting my body ready for the beach by tanning (yes, I know it's not good for me but being burnt to a crisp on the first day is worse) and trying to cut down on my portion sizes when I eat. Still haven't made the effort to join a gym, lets get serious...I wanna look good in my swim suit but I can't do it all! :) 

A month later I will be journeying to Arizona to visit the lovely, Erin Castre. Boy do I miss this girl. We lived all 4 years together in college and still to this day refer to her as my roommate. It doesn't matter that we haven't lived together for almost 3 years now. Roommate is her title and I won't be changing it anytime soon.

Lastly, who can forget Friendship Reunion?? We are postponing the trip to the middle of the summer this year since we plan on going north to a lake in Wisconsin. I don't know about you, but I am thrilled we decided to delay the trip away from the "normal" time because as I stated above I hate being cold and that is what it will still be in early May in northern Wisconsin. Well, cold for swimsuit season anyways.

I have a dilemma when it comes to getting new swim suits. I think God is telling me I don't need anymore. I haven't counted, but I am confident that I can safely say I have a dozen suits. Yet, I still check out Victoria's Secret and find a couple that I absolutely love. This year is no different...found the suits and went to order them and BOTH are backordered. Just my luck, huh? Well, here is the good part. I decided to order my 2nd choice because it was only backordered until the beginning of April. Sure it wouldn't make it to my house for Florida, but it would make it for Arizona. I order it and get my confirmation email that states both the top && bottom are IN STOCK. You have no idea how excited those two little words made me. It reminds me of what Betty Draper would wear in Mad Men.
I won't look anything like her, but super excited to wear it and for SUMMER!

And I didn't forget - Happy Ash Wednesday! I may not be Catholic, but I still like giving something up. It is nothing like what Jesus did, but I have decided to give up pop. I was contemplating giving up Facebook, which I probably should do, but I just couldn't do it. I also want to pray more. So keep me in your prayers that I pray more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment