Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Yes, I am obsessed with my Sully-man

Let me start this post with saying I will do my best to update every day. I know it won't happen, but goals are good. Right? I love my morning routine of checking my gmail, going straight to facebook, checking out my fellow blogs, and then hitting up cnn for my world & entertainment news. Well, mostly the entertainment news, but I do read the titles for the big "important" stuff going on in the world. Anyways, the reason I will do my best to update this daily is because I get so excited to see updates from the blogs I follow. To give you a brief insight into my facebook life here is a look back at my 2010...
On to my baby a.k.a. Sully-man. Spoiler alert: I am going to use the words poop, throw-up, and diarrhea (I think I spelled it right?). Monday morning Sully woke up and went crazy to get his food. This dog is so obsessed with food. Sometimes I feel like we don't give him enough because he looks up at me like really, that's it? So very rarely, I sneak him some "people" food. Shhhh! Don't tell Nolan. Anyways, he did his normal give me food and then it's time to go out. He does his normal business. His poop is normal and so we return inside. Following that comes the almost funny part of Sully running up on the bed and waking up Nolan and scaring the crap out of him. I am allowed to find this funny because I wake up to do the morning routine. So we all fall back asleep for 15 minutes. Well, I wake up to hearing Sully making a funny noise. I hop up and get him off the bed just in time for him to throw-up his breakfast. Not normal. So, I, of course take care of clean up. Granted at this point there is no possible way I would be able to fall back asleep, but still no one wants to clean up puke.

Monday afternoon I decide to call the vets office. They said to watch him tonight and call back if he gets sick again. Monday night = no problem. I am thinking it was a fluke and I need to calm down. Then we get to yesterday. Sully-man had a fabulous day because we took him to doggy daycare. And yes, it is well worth the money to get a calm, lovey puppy at the end of a long day, which yesterday was due to work but that's not fun so we won't go there. We get inside and as per usual Sully goes straight to his food cupboard. He gets his normal 2 cups and then I start to walk him towards the door....no more food in his tummy. He looks at me like he knows he did something wrong, so I can't be mad. Outside we go I will clean up later. Here comes the diarrhea. That was the last straw. I cleaned up the puke and called the vet again, but it's after hours so I have to wait a couple minutes for the on-call vet to get back to me. She decides a stool sample would be the best way to start to see if something is wrong.

Now this morning I get to retrieve that. What a joy it is to be Sully's momma...but really it is! I wouldn't trade him for the world. This afternoon we find out what it is. Round Worm. So we are feeding him rice and ground beef with some medicine for the next few days. I tell ya, it is a good thing I pay close attention to his poop. Only his mommy would do that.

On a good note, we went to our 2nd Intermediate Obedience class tonight and he did pretty good. We need to work on good door etiquette and staying in a down position while I leave the room. It is a work in progress, but I have faith he will do just fine with it come the final exam. After all this, who could stay mad at this face for long??

Tomorrow is a new day, and the 4th best day of the week behind Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. Grey's Anatomy & Jersey Shore, my guilty pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment